Today is International Women’s Day and here at SheHeroes we are happy to be celebrating by taking part in the ThirdAnnual Blog for International Women’s Day. Today is the day when bloggers, writers, and humanitarian organizations write about the International Women’s Day annual theme.
Though “Blog For International Women’s Day” is something we would’ve taken part in no matter what the theme for this year was, we were especially excited about the theme, Connecting Girls, Inspiring Futures, because it fits so perfectly in with what we do every day here at SheHeroes.
One of the points we’ve been asked to talk about for Blog for International Women’s Day is, “How can we, as a culture and as members of the global community, involve, educate, and inspire girls in a positive way?”
SheHeroes was founded in answer to that very question. The biggest way we can, as individuals as well as a culture, involve, educate, and inspire girls in a positive way is by doing those things. Involving, educating and inspiring the girls in our lives and in our community. Because making a difference in the global community means starting right in your local community.
- Volunteer at your child’s school. Maybe offer to teach and after school class on women’s history.
- Arrange trips for the young SheHeroes in your life to meet and talk to women working in the areas of science, technology, engineering or math.
- Support local women’s sports by taking the girls in your life to different sporting events where they can see women in action, playing sports just as hard as the men.
- Lead a Girl Scout troop.
- Volunteer at your local museum and help put together an exhibit displaying the history of local women.
- And last but not least visit SheHeroes! The main purpose of our videos is to help inspire and educate girls so that they know the possibilities open to them are limitless. And they can truly be anything they want to be.
If every girl could grow up armed with that knowledge, the next generation of women will truly be force to be reckoned with.