- Chief Keesee was discriminated against because she is a female in a male- dominated career. Have you ever been discriminated against because of your race, gender, religion, or other differences?
- Whom do you trust talking to or seeking help from, when you are facing problems?
- Chief Keesee struggled with math in school, is there a subject that is difficult for you? What do you do to work through that subject?
- Would you ever want to be a police officer like Chief Kessee?
- In middle school, cliques were difficult for Chief Keesee to deal with. Have you ever been excluded or had to deal with cliques? What did you do to overcome this?
Tracie’s advice to our listeners is to: 1. Go easy on yourself and, 2. Make sure to talk to someone when you have a problem. She reminds listeners that there are always people you can go to for help (e.g. parents, guardians, counselors).
Thank you to our SheHeroes interview team! Interviewer Stefy Bautista from Girls Inc of Metro Denver. Behind the scenes, anchor and editor Stephanie May and episode researcher Gloria Yang.
And extra big thanks to our SheHero, Chief Tracie Keesee.