- Colleen discusses how she uses her employee’s differences to improve her company. Can you think of a time when having different kinds of people work on a project might be important?
- Much of Colleen’s success is due to hard work. When has your hard work helped you achieve a goal or accomplish a task?
- Colleen had to deal with the loss of several loved ones when she was younger. What challenges have you conquered in your life that have been difficult to deal with? Who helped you?
- Part of Colleen’s job as a CEO is to manage her company and make sure things are working properly. What skills are important to be successful in Colleen’s job and could you see yourself doing a job like Colleen’s?
- Colleen was not the best student growing up because she wanted to have a good time and talk a lot. What do you think inspired her to work hard and achieve her goals?
Colleen Abdoulah, President and CEO of WOW! Internet-Cable-Phone, leads a company responsible for providing services that are our “connections to life.” Listen as Colleen discusses with Carly Fabian of Girl Scouts of Colorado the value of diversity in her company for creating success. Colleen also explains how she decided to respond to personal adversity through her relationship with her mother, a recovered alcoholic. Colleen’s advice to our listeners is to believe in yourself, to be kind to yourself and to love who you are and you will be successful.
You can see Part 2 of the interview here, SheHeroes Episode 3: Colleen Abdoulah, CEO of WOW! (part 2)
Thank you to our SheHeroes interview team! Interviewer Carly Fabian of Girl Scouts of Colorado and assistant Zahra Mohamed Ali from Girls Inc of Metro Denver. Behind the scenes, anchor and editor Stephanie May and episode researcher Gloria Yang.
And extra big thanks to our SheHero, Colleen Abdoulah.
Will you help us improve SheHeroes? Answer 12 short questions in our survey.